Featured Post

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Manatee Springs

We got to the campground about noon and checkout time is not until 1 PM but we know that many campers leave earlier so we had no trouble getting site #72 that we wanted since it is an easy walk to the spring. I can canoe and bike with no pain but walking really causes a lot of Sciatic Nerve Pain, so I don’t like to walk very far anymore. I plan to get a epidural shot when we come home for Christmas.

We had hoped we would get good TV reception so we could watch the Cleveland Browns-Pittsburgh Steelers game but we only got PBS and no internet at all. I don’t know who won and now I can’t post any blogs that I have been writing.

They have a nice boardwalk here that goes to a dock on the Suwannee River where we did see a small Manatee in spite of the warm weather when they are not usually seen coming into the spring area to keep warm.
Along the walkway we heard the banging of a Pileated Woodpecker and people trying to get a good picture. Here is mine.
We actually did not get any rain late yesterday as predicted and temperature on Monday got into the high 50’s. Warm weather is supposed to come back by Wednesday but the lack of internet & TV has made us change our plans and head to Silver Springs area on Tuesday night before we drive over to Juniper Springs.
After we left here on Tuesday morning we headed into town where we could get access to the internet at the local Walmart and was able to post 3 blogs. I found out that if I had walked over to the boat house at Manatee Springs that they had free Wi-Fi. I should have asked somebody sooner.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't you use the hotspot on your phone for internet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Manatee Springs I had no att phone signal, and as I mentioned I wish I knew the concession stand had wi-fi.

    ReplyDelete