Featured Post

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Still Packing For Our Winter Trip

We  picked up our Motor Home from the storage lot on November 1st. It was good thing we brought our RV home early. I found out that the both battery tray slides had rusted and needed to be replaced. Luckily I had two almost new slides left from my old 2006 Phoenix Cruiser. I had removed the single battery slide-out tray when I went to two batteries. Of course I saved it.  It took a while but I got it done, this time I will lubricate the drawer slides occasionally.TurkeyPrep

JoansFamily Then last Sunday we had a big storm which took some big trees down on our street, we just lost lots of branches. But we lost power for 48 hours. So for lights, refrigerator and TV we ran an extension cord to our house from the RV. We ran the generator for about 30 hours. We turned it off at night while we were sleeping.

Jeff'sGirls

On Saturday we had our annual family party at my daughter Joan's house. We had about 15 people counting all the kids that could make it this year.  Joan & Brian cooked a big Turkey Dinner with all the trimmings to celebrate both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are not flying home for Christmas like we usually do.

 

Greg & Sandy-View

We hope to leave early Monday morning and hope to make it to near Asheville, NC for the evening. As usual, when we travel. we will park at a big Super Walmart for the evening. On Tuesday we will drive straight through to our friend’s, Greg & Sandy Lewis in SC, home on beautiful Lake Keowee.

1 comment: