Featured Post

Monday, March 20, 2023

After 100 days, I'm back home

 As I described in my last blog I was at Ocean Pond Campground for the past 6 days. No kayaking but I biked the four big loops shown on the map posted on my last blog. So this year I ended up biking 780 miles on my new gravel bike and paddling 110 miles in my kayak. I got lots of cardiac rehab and gained a couple of pounds, hopefully all muscle.

I always watch the weather before I commit to the long drive home. I was ready to come home after my 100 days on the road and it looked like spring-like weather was coming to Cleveland starting with the first day of spring on Monday. But the forecast for Saturday in FL was lots rain all day where I was camped. I was surprised when I awoke that it was still dry but rain was coming in an hour. I quickly broke camp and was on my way by 7:45 AM. I did drive through a little of very light rain in southern GA. Traffic was light and I made really good time. I entered SC at 1 pm which was way too soon to stop for the night.  So I pushed on through Columbia & Charlotte which was slow but still made it to a nice quiet Walmart in Elkin, NC by 5:30 PM.


When I looked at Sunday's forecast I saw that it was snowing back home but would stop in the morning and there was some snow in the mountains of WV. It was a sunny but a cold day. When I reached southern WV there were dark clouds and snow flakes, but no travel problems.  I made it home at 3 PM, Westlake was the only place I saw any snow on the ground for my entire trip. 

My daughter's Joan and Pam came over and helped me unpack the RV. It was so fast it would have taken a few days with me unloading by myself, I really appreciated their thoughtfulness.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you made it home safe!
    Love Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to know you are home safe and sound. I am sure you had some interesting adventures. Hope to see you again before you head out on your next trip. Would love to see your family too! Take Care, love Pat

    ReplyDelete