Featured Post

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Friends arrive at Cypress Glen

 

Well, I took a 25 mi bike ride and got my haircut on Tuesday, and then on Thursday headed north on my bike to Floral City which was a 31 mi round trip ride.

On Friday I got a text from Barry Adams that they had paddled for three days in the Ocala NF area and were now coming to meet up with me at my campsite at Cypress Glen.

They didn't get here until dark and set up their tent. Barry is traveling this year with a young paddler/biker from PA, Kimberely.


We decided to bike to Brooksville on Saturday and maybe go shopping, but we ended up just resting in the nice park at the end of the trail. We then headed back to camp.  It was a very warm day, it might have hit 80.

We decided to go out to dinner at the new Mexican restaurant, El Sol de Mexico, at I-75 & SR50. It was very good, not Tex-Mex, and very resonably priced.

Sunday might be a rest day, we will see what develops.

Good Neighbor Trail to Brooksville



4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a great time! Love you and miss you!
    Mandy and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The haircut looks great! Love the pics.
    Love you, be safe
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad Barry made it to see you. Looks like you're having a great time. So much activities:) Love you, Pam

    ReplyDelete