Featured Post

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Finishing my First Week at the WP Franklin COE Campground

 

Campsite #5 at WP Franklin

Aerial View of WP Franklin

On the way to WP Franklin on Sunday morning I stopped at the growing Babcock Ranch Development where I enjoy all the bike paths and have biked here for the past 3 years.


Click for larger map of Babcock Ranch Bike Rides 2023 (Red) & 2024 (Blue)

The eastern area is all new this year. Lots of homes but very few businesses and restaurants considering how many people now live here.

On Tuesday I paddled from my campsite up Telegraph Creek and back (7 mi) and on Wednesday I did a 13 mil bike ride through the neighborhoods near our campground.

The weather has been sunny with temps in the high 70's all week. However they are forecasting lots of rain coming in late on Saturday and all day Sunday. So I decided Friday would be a good day to get in some more kayaking.

Hickey Creek Mitigation Area

I paddled about 1 mile up the Caloosahatchee River to Hickey Creek, and then 2-1/2 mi as far as I could make it up the creek. I had to turn around where a big fallen tree blocked my way. I checked, it was the same place I had to turn around last year. I came back to the kayak landing and had lunch, then I paddled back to my campground, a 7 mi round trip.

Here is a picture of Peggy and Bob Nicholson who paddled up here with me 7 years ago.






2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting in a lot of exercise :) Glad you are having a good time. Love and Miss you, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have the river to yourself ❤️Joan

    ReplyDelete