Featured Post

Friday, December 23, 2022

No Paddling Yet

The river level has been good for the Alafia River that runs right through the park. However I'm still at campsite 15 which is a long way from the river. I wanted to move to a closer site but the campground has had people in line to get a site everyday and I figured I wouldn't try to move yet. Maybe after Christmas one of the river sites will become available, then I'll work out a shuttle and try paddling since it's going to be freezing for a few days anyway. It looks like we will only have 3 cold days and then we will warmup next week back to near 80oF with lows in the 60's.

It's been very nice temperature for doing biking (Cardiac Rehab). I've paddled two more days on the winding paths for about 32 miles  through the Fish Hawk Ranch housing development. A few of the creek crossing bridges are still closed from the hurricane a couple of months ago. 

One good thing about this campground is the internet service from my tethered cell phone. It is fast and always working. Also, we are only about 5 miles from all the tall TV towers so we get great TV service. I must get 80 different digital stations including all the major networks without even raising or aiming my RV's antenna.

Here is the campsite I've been at in the past that I'm hoping to move to.

Site 40 - Lithia Springs



2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Miss you lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your kayak in the water soon! I can't wait to hear all about it when you do. Pam

    ReplyDelete