Featured Post

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Doing a lot of bicycling at Oscar Scherer State Park.

 

My CampSite #71
This is a very popular campground for bicyclists because it is about in the middle of the popular 25 mi long paved Legacy Trail. and the trail along the Venitian Waterway Park

Click on these links to see detailed maps of the trails and my rides.

Small Site but even room for my Hammock.

These trails also connect with trails along the beaches in Venice, FL See My Map of a ride through Venice past all the beautiful homes.

There is also a nice trail West of the our campground along Casey Key.

I parked sideways to get privacy in top picture

Along the Venitian Waterfront Park

My longest ride was going north to Sarasota where the Legacy Trail ends but connects to a new bike lane along Ringling Blvd that takes you to Bayfront Park & Marina/Island Park, pictures below.

In the past 4 days I biked all of these trails from my campsite for a total of 100 miles.



3 comments:

  1. It's so green and tropical looking!
    Have fun and be safe, love you
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that camp site. Nice and private. Love u joan

    ReplyDelete

  3. Wow what an amazing blog. I'm so happy to find your blog. I will definitely check your other post as well.

    Custom boat Upholstery USA

    ReplyDelete