Featured Post

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Ending my time at EG Simmons Park

The weather has been very unusual this year; it would change every three days from cold mornings in the 40’s, to some rain during the day and then a warmer couple of days in the low 70’s. There were no bugs or sand fleas at all, but it limited some of my activities. But at least it was warmer than back home with snow and temperatures near zero degrees.

I only got to paddle my kayak twice, once around the canoe trail and on a calm day along Tamps Bay over to Bahia Beach.

I had trouble getting a prescription shipped to local Ruskin post office. I rode my bike over there twice and once over to the Apollo Beach PO where it was eventually shipped but lost. I finally got them to reorder it from a Walgreen’s which was in Sun City Center about 10 miles away. I had to take a busy local road with narrow bike lanes until I got to the golf cart lanes in the 50+ community. I was able to shop at an Aldi’s and Walmart near the Walgreens so that was good. I made the ride twice and it drizzled on me both times.

So during my 2 week visit I rode my bike almost 100 mi and paddled about 10 miles. The weather forecast is finally predicting temperatures in the 80’s at my next campground south of Sarasota.

Some of the things Peggy and I always did didn’t happen. We liked to ride our tandem over to the Manatee Viewing Center in Apollo Beach. 

and Peggy liked to get some Grouper at Julies Fish House an outdoor restaurant about 3 mi from camp.

3 comments:

  1. The weather is so bad because I am in the state. But, like you said, it sure is better than home!! I think the rest of this week we will see warm weather, blue skies and finally the sun! See you soon, love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t believe how much you’ve biked! Such a bummer to have chilly and rain!! It has warmed up here a little bit, but has pretty much been raining for a week straight!! I can’t wait to see the sun again someday!! Love you, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the prescription? Sounds like a hassle. Love the mom pictures ❤️Joan

    ReplyDelete