Featured Post

Monday, March 18, 2024

After 1/3 of a year my Winter RV Trip has ended and I'm back home

Friends Along the way (click on picture to enlarge)

I left home on 11/11/23 and just got back home on 3/14/24, 124 nites on the road. Things went smoothly and I did a lot on biking-850 miles and 120 miles of kayaking . 

I visited with many friends along the way. You can read about the trip in Chronological Order, Click link Florida Trip 2023-24

When I got to my last campground, Ocean Pond, the previous day's heavy rain made some of the sandy roads that I ride on a little soft but I was still able to bike another 28 miles in two rides around the Lake and through the Olustee Civil War Battlefield.
I like to stop at Ocean Pond before heading for home so that I can pick two sunny days to drive home. The travel window this year was a little tight but as long as I could get an early start and make good time I could beat the storms that were coming to Ohio on late Thursday.
I got a 7 am start both days and only lost about 20 minutes going through Charlotte, so my first day's 560 mile trip took me 10-1/2 hours and I got to Wytheville, VA. 






On Thursday I made the 390 mile trip home in 6-1/2 hours. It was sunny and no rain but two hours after I got back there were thunderstorms and tornadoes in central Ohio. 

Friday was warm to I could wash the winter grime off my RV and got a good start unpacking, especially when my daughter Joan stopped by to help.




 
 
Of 
course it now looks like the next 3 weeks here will be cooler than normal. No complaints, it was a nice winter and I was able to do all the things I planned and got in a lot of Cardiac Rehab again. 

I enjoyed all the nice campgrounds and for the entire trip the average camping cost per night was less than $18.




Most of all we all missed Peggy


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good trip and made it home!

    ReplyDelete