Featured Post

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Ocean Pond Campground - Thanksgiving Week


Ocean Pond Campground is in the Osceola National Forest in Northern FL. See my last blog about why I left early to secure a campsite for Thanksgiving week. The campground totally filled late Friday and I wonder if I would have got a site if I waited until Sunday morning as I originally planned.

We did get almost an inch of rain while I rested, but it was warm and sunny with temps. in the mid-70's on Saturday morning. 

This map I made shows the options of different NF roads you can use to take a nice bike ride. So today I decided to do the 14 mile loop that goes east to Olustee Battlefield, site of a civil war battle. 

Forest Roads - No traffic and easy to bike on

They have a small museum with some artifacts, and a few canon and a small monument.


I swear I saw Peggy's ghost actually firing one of the canons or maybe it was just an a halucination. :-)




Nice Sunset from my campsite


3 comments:

  1. It was her ghost!! :-)
    That sunset is beautiful!
    Love you, be safe, Love Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw mommy! You have a prime spot with beautiful view

    ReplyDelete
  3. That campsite and sunset are amazing. Looks like another very active campground, with all the biking. Mom is being very naughty :)

    ReplyDelete