Featured Post

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Swamp Rabbit Trail - Greenville, SC

 


Section of trail I rode - 21 mi round trip
Monday afternoon I got to the Walmart in Travelers Rest, SC. This section of trail is North of Greenville. 

I started at Gateway Park about a mile from the Walmart, the parking lot had plenty of room for my RV and I biked to Reedy River Falls in downtown Greenville.

I loved this trail, very smooth wide asphalt with gentle hills. There are mileage markers every 1/2 mi, so it's hard to get lost.

There are many places along the way for food or drink, but this is also a very scenic trail. I took lots of pictures. There were a lot of people making use of the trail, walking, jogging and biking, but it was far from crowded. It was a nice suuny cool day, temps started in 50's and got to the mid 60's by lunch time.

I was going to bike another section on Wednesday but it looks like some rain may be coming into the area. So after my bike ride I left for Augusta, Ga at 12:30pm and got to my Walmart stop at 3:30pm. Traffic was a little heavier but no delays.

Filled up on gas at Sam's club for only $2.50/gal. I've gone 800 miles so far.

So after biking the Savananah River on Wednesday, depending on the weather forecast, I may head to Florida.

I can't believe this small town has put so much money into a bike trail. It's the best I've seen in any city, large or small.





Trail & Kiosk near a parking lot


Typical Trail Section

Reedy Falls from the trail

Reedy Falls from long bridge over the river


The Falls are right in the middle of their downtown

5 comments:

  1. Love all the pics and the big bunny!! I know another town where the falls are right in the middle of downtown :-)
    Have fun, be safe and Love you!
    Love Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of when sally and I slide down those rocks. That hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were just on that same bridge over Reedy Falls a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greenville is a cool town. I'd like to see that Falls during high water. I wonder if it is runnable.

      Delete